2023 America the Beautiful Challenge Recipients
NFWF Press Release | DOI Press Release
Through the 2023 America the Beautiful Challenge, the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation will distribute over $141 million in grants to 74 projects across 46 states and three U.S. territories. The projects will generate at least $12 million in matching contributions for a total conservation impact of more than $153 million.
Out of the $141 million, the REPI Program will contribute over $5.2 million to seven projects that benefit eight designated sentinel landscapes and two landscapes pending formal designation from the Federal Coordinating Committee. These seven projects are receiving nearly $2.2 million in funding from the DOI U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for a total Federal investment of over $7.4 million. Project applicants are also leveraging nearly $787K in non-Federal partner contributions to bring the total conservation impact over $8.2 million.
The 2023 DOD America the Beautiful Challenge Project Locations:
- Southeastern Sentinel Landscapes (Georgia, Northwest Florida, Avon Park Air Force Range, South Carolina Lowcountry, and Eastern North Carolina) | REPI Funds: $814K
- Avon Park Air Force Range Sentinel Landscape | REPI Funds: $1.4M
- Fort Huachuca Sentinel Landscape | REPI Funds: $1.1M
- Camp Bullis Sentinel Landscape | REPI Funds: $723K
- Guahan Sentinel Landscape* | REPI Funds: $506K
- Southern Indiana Sentinel Landscape | REPI Funds: $501K
- Hawai‘i Sentinel Landscape* | REPI Funds: $250K
* This sentinel landscape has not received formal designation from the Sentinel Landscape Federal Coordinating Committee.